HomeHow To ApplyHow To ApplyApartment SitesHousing Voucher ProgramMaintenanceStaffContact Us

Click on link below to download and print the Texarkana, AR Housing Authority application. This is for Public Housing only.  Section 8 applications can be picked up at the office. Applications may be mailed or brought in by the head of household along with all documentation that pertains to the family.  Faxed applications will not be accepted.

Application for Housing


Information Needed to Apply for Public Housing/ Section 8.
  • Birth Certificates for ALL Household Members.
  • Social Security Cards for ALL Household Members.
  • Picture ID for ALL Adults 18 or Older.
  • Proof Of Income from ALL Sources.
  • Food Stamp Verification Letter
  • Grants/ Scholarship Letter
  • Marriage License ( If Applicable)- Divorce Decree ( If Applicable)
  • Court Ordered Custody Papers for Children other than Biological
  • Non- Citizenship Information

 Horizontal Divider 25

Is Fraud Worth It?

Do you realize....

If you commit fraud to obtain assisted housing from HUD, you could be :

  • Evicted from your apartment or house.
  • Required to repay all overpaid rental assistance you received.
  • Fined up to $10,000.
  • Imprisoned for up to eight (8) years.
  • Prohibited from receiving future assistance.
  • Subject to State and Local government penalties.

So Be Careful!

When you fill out your application and yearly recertification's for assisted housing from HUD make sure your answers to the questions are accurate and honest.

So Ask Questions if you don't understand something. We are here to help.

Horizontal Divider 25

Please click on the Link to see the Proposed Revised Monthly Utility Allowances

Proposed Monthly Utility Allowances

After an application is received, the HATA will run a criminal background check through theTexarkana, AR police department. This usually takes 2 to 4 weeks. If you are cleared through the TAPD your name will be placed on the waiting list. When you are offered an apartment you MUST be able to have your electric and gas utilities turned on in your name before the lease can be signed. Failure to maintain these utilities is cause for eviction. Your first month's rent and security deposit will be due at the time you sign the lease. Security deposits may be put on a payment plan, but must be paid monthly. Your vehicles must be registered with the HATA at this time and parking stickers will be issued. If you have any questions, contact Brandy Bradley, Housing Services Aide at 870.773.7691 ext. 2.

"One Strike You're Out"

Please be aware that any members of the househould or guest who possesses, uses, sells or manufactures drugs anywhere or anytime will be evicted for this violation. Any resident or guest who commits any activity which threatens the health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other tenants, visitors or employees of the Housing Authority will be evicted. Any resident or guest whose use of alcohol interferes with the health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents will be evicted.